The festival welcomes patrons with mobility devices (wheelchair, crutches, walker and walking stick). Below are a few frequently asked questions, along with additional information, to assist you in getting to the festival and having an enjoyable experience.
What’s the best parking location for patrons with mobility devices?
- Parking is available at Dogwood Dell (Free), but this area is unpaved. Handicapped-designated spaces are limited and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The Dogwood Dell parking area entrance is located off of S. Boulevard at 6000 S. Blvd Richmond, VA 23220.
Now that I’ve parked, how do I get to the festival gate?
- GRTC (Greater Richmond Transit Company) city bus shuttles and ADA shuttle vans will be transporting patrons to the festival. We suggest you use the ADA shuttle van that includes a lift for wheelchairs. Request an ADA shuttle van from the GRTC representative at the Festival Shuttle Pick-Up Stop. The representative will be wearing a GRTC collared shirt.
- The ADA shuttle van will drop off patrons at the Upper Hampton Street Entrance. The Upper Hampton Street Entrance allows easier entry due to less foot traffic and provides easy access to the check-in table and viewing location for our patrons with mobility devices.
How do I purchase tickets?
- Tickets can only be purchased at the main festival entrance (Lower Hampton Street Entrance). Cash only transactions permitted. We suggest purchasing tickets ahead of time online at www.richmondjazzandmusicfestival.com.
How do I enter the festival?
- Patrons with mobility devices are encouraged to enter the festival at the Upper Hampton Street Entrance. The Upper Hampton Street Entrance allows easier entry due to less foot traffic and provides easy access to the check-in table and viewing location for our patrons with mobility devices.
- If you have mobility limitations, you and one family member/medical assistant may check in at the Upper Hampton Street Entrance, with your 2 tickets, to receive a wristband. Check-in will be at the Patrons With Mobility Devices Table. This wristband allows access to a reserved viewing location. The reserved viewing location is provided for your convenience, but is still a distance from the stage. If you prefer a different location feel free to sit anywhere you’d like.
Is there a reserved section for patrons with mobility devices?
- The reserved viewing location will be at stage 1 also known as the Virginia is for Lovers Stage. ONLY patrons with mobility devices (wheel chair, crutches, walker, and walking stick) and one family member/medical assistant will be permitted into this area. Please bring your own chairs.
- A volunteer will direct our patron with mobility device and one family member/medical assistant to the reserved viewing location.
- The reserved viewing location allows quick festival entry and departure, is located near a wheelchair accessible portable toilet, and is monitored by security.
How do I leave the festival?
- The ADA Shuttle Van will be transporting patrons from the festival back to the Dogwood Dell Lot. At the Upper Hampton Street Entrance, simply request an ADA Shuttle Van from RMC Security or a GRTC representative.
Services for Patrons with Mobility Devices
- The Richmond Jazz Festival is an outdoor festival. The grounds are handicapped-accessible, but there is a lot of distance between the stages. However, there are paved pathways to facilitate wheelchair passage.
- Wheelchairs and medical scooters are permitted. Please keep in mind that the festival does not provide personal care or push services. Please bring an attendant if needed.
- We try our best to provide golf cart assistance to festival patrons, but it is not guaranteed that all patrons will have access.
- There is no repair or charging station at the festival. Please keep this in mind and come prepared.
- All food counters are wheelchair height.